How can create buttons/links for students to navigate easily between different courses?

Jump to solution
meghan_k_wilkin
Community Member

Hi. I teach first grade students and I need to make everything as simple as possible for them to navigate. My district will have my first grade students enrolled in multiple courses (a math course, a language arts course, a science course, etc). I don't think they will allow cross-listing. I want my students to easily navigate between these different courses each day by clicking on buttons from ONE homepage in ONE course that will redirect them to correct course (subject) at the required time. Once they are finished with modules in the course they could click a link that would take them back to that one homepage. In other words, if I copy course links or even pages within a course and put them as subject buttons in one homepage in a different course, will these links work for students so they can be able to navigate successfully? 

If not, what are your suggestions for creating buttons on a homepage for students to click on and get to the course they need to be in? 

1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Meghan ~

You're definitely not the only elementary teacher who is wondering about this. Feel free to join the conversation  here: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/55818-elementary-classes Smiley Happy

You asked about buttons! I really enjoy this part of the home page design. It's the visual that sets up the rest of the user experience. My favorite resources are Canva and Google Drawing. You can create a variety of .png (image) files and then bring them into your course.

I know you teach littles, and I blogged about my course that's for students in grades 9-12, but there are some interesting comments that could be helpful: Student-Directed Home Pages

There are also great templates available for you to adopt. You can make duplicates of buttons that would lead you to your courses!

Teacher Appreciation 2018 | Home Page Templates

2020 Course Design Essentials: Home Page & Sample Module Template

View solution in original post

0 Likes