How can integrate Canvas Studio in Canvas LMS

Jump to solution
원철최
Community Member

I am a Korean S/W developer. I needed an LMS solution, so I found Canvas LMS while looking for it.
However, I had never used Canvas LMS before, so I tried to install it and try it.

I downloaded Canvas LMS from Git Hub, installed the sample site on Ubuntu and tried it, but the video upload function was not working.

So I looked up and found out that it is Canvas Studio.
However, there is no way to install or test Canvas Studio anywhere.

Please let me know in detail what products and how to purchase genuine products in order for me to install and use Canvas Studio.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @원철최 ...

I am not really sure how it works with the Git Hub version of Canvas that you found, but Canvas Studio is a paid add-on product from Instructure for customers who pay for the cloud-based, paid version of Canvas.  I'm not even sure if Studio would be available in your situation, unfortunately.  That would be a question you'd need to reach out to Instructure to ask.

View solution in original post

Hello @원철최 

I can confirm that Studio will not work with a locally installed open source Canvas instance.  In order for Studio to work, you need to be operating in a cloud instance of Canvas.  If you are interested in purchasing Canvas for an institution or company you can begin the process here: https://www.instructure.com/canvas/request-demo

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Thank you!

View solution in original post