cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nlminnic
Community Member

How can my students create a survey?

How can my students create a survey for the rest of my class (and other classes that use Canvas)? All the resources on here for creating a survey are for me, the instructor, to create an ungraded quiz.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @nlminnic  Welcome (belatedly) to the worldwide Canvas Community. I see you joined us early last year, but this appears to be your first posting here.

You are quite correct; like many of the cool tools in Canvas, use is restricted to the faculty member or TA.  What I personally have done in class is give students a quick overview of the survey instrument available in Google Drive, called Forms.  Many students may even be familiar with Forms.  They are quite easy to use, and only the person creating the survey needs to have a Drive account; people taking the survey do not.

Of course, there's also the old reliable of Survey Monkey, but Google Forms have gotten quite sophisticated on some levels and can likely do the job quite capably.

Others in the Community may have some of their own favorite tools to recommend.  I hope this helps a bit, Norman.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@nlminnic ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie