cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

How can students easily access/view the submissions that other Group members submit/upload to a Group Assignment?

I've set up a Group Assignment.  It's a semester-long project.  There are twelve groups, of 4-5 students per-group.  It's a multi-faceted assignment, requiring all group members to submit/upload (at least) several files for my review/assessment/grading.  We're at the end of this first semester that we've been using Canvas.  Students - from the same Group for a Group Assignment - are submitting their deliverables - uploading their files.

For reasons beyond any of our understanding (students and me), Group members are not able to see each others' submissions.  This would be a common sense feature of any LMS Group Assignment (easily accomplished in other LMS systems we've used).  A logical design for a Group Assignment is for students to have immediate access to view the other Group members' submissions to the Group Assignment.  This is essential for the efficient submission of the 15+ documents (total) each group submits - I even included a Checklist for them to use to monitor/confirm their timely and accurate uploads of all the project's deliverables.

I/we assume we're missing something (my students and I, that is).  Please, tell me we're missing something that should be intuitive/obvious.

QUESTION:  How can students easily access/view the submissions that other Group members submit/upload to a Group Assignment?

Thanks for any assistance,

Michael Maguire, Faculty Associate

UW-Madison School of Human Ecology

Madison, WI

mcmaguire@wisc.edu

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

mcmaguire@wisc.edu,

Once the group assignment has been submitted, all members of the group can see the submitted file by accessing the assignment and clicking on the link to the file on the right side under the Submission area.

Robbie

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

mcmaguire@wisc.edu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels