cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vjara7673
Community Member

How can students post an individual discussion?

Jump to solution

I noticed in my class' introduction discussion, a lot of students introductions were getting posted as their own individual discussion, and not under the original discussion post. How can they do that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steve_Watts
Explorer II

Hi  @vjara7673  and welcome to the Canvas Community
This is probably because the students are clicking the "+ Discussion" button at the top of the main discussion page, rather than going into the specific post and replying. You can prevent them from doing this by going to the discussion settings and turning off the option that says students can create discussion topics. See this page for details: How do I allow students to create a course discussion?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Steve_Watts
Explorer II

Hi  @vjara7673  and welcome to the Canvas Community
This is probably because the students are clicking the "+ Discussion" button at the top of the main discussion page, rather than going into the specific post and replying. You can prevent them from doing this by going to the discussion settings and turning off the option that says students can create discussion topics. See this page for details: How do I allow students to create a course discussion?

View solution in original post