cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

How can you make text from a finished design copyable and pastable?

I am creating a design for my email signature but I want the text to be clickable and allow for copying and pasting so that whoever can just copy the text. Whenever I download the image, it is a flat file. Do I need to format the file in a different way?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @108318391762026 ...

I'm a little confused by your question, and I think I need more details from you.  Are you asking about creating an e-mail signature within the Canvas Inbox?  If so, that is not possible at this time.  There is a Feature Idea here in the Community called Signature Block - Canvas Community which you may be interested in reading through.  If it aligns with something you would like to see implemented by Instructure (the folks that make Canvas), you can add your comments and give that idea a rating.

Also, as it relates to the Canvas Inbox, the area to compose messages does not have a Rich Content Editor, so it's not possible to do simple formatting such as bold, italics, underlining, creating hyperlinks, etc.  That is actually a separate Feature Idea located at: Add rich-content editor to Conversations - Canvas Community.

You also mentioned downloading an image...and I'm not sure I understand what you mean...as signatures are typically text (but could include a small image such as a company logo).

So, if you could please help to clarify your question for the Community, that would be great.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!  Take care...be well.