cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgiroux
Community Member

How do I add a graphic header to my pages in Canvas?

I teach in a context with a high proportion of visual learners. How do I add graphics to the headers?

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jgiroux ...

For clarification, are you asking about how to add images to the Headers element that you can add to the Modules index page....as outlined here: How do I add a text header as a module item?  If this is what you are asking, this currently isn't possible.  However, I did find a Feature Idea that has been submitted here in the Community that is on Instructure's "Product Radar", so they are aware of the need.  You can find more about this Feature Idea here: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6185-add-images-to-modules  Also, if you feel that this Feature Idea is similar to what you're asking for, you can vote on it and also post a comment to let Instructure know why it is important to you.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Joan.

jgiroux
Community Member

Chris, thanks, that is similar to what I want to do and would be welcome. I actually would like to be able to put an image banner on assignments or pages as well. I am very very new to Canvas and just figuring things out now.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jgiroux ...

You wouldn't be able to add graphics to the index pages for Assignments and Pages (and by "index", I mean the list of Assignments or Pages you see when you click on those respective buttons in your course).  However, when you are editing an Assignment or a Page (or even a Discussion topic), you certainly can add as many images as you want.  You can lay out your content the way you'd want your students to view it...including images, videos, tables, etc.  Here are some Guides I found for you on using images in your course:

How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor? 

How do I embed images from the web in the Rich Content Editor? 

How do I embed images from Flickr Creative Commons in the Rich Content Editor? 

...and here are some other Guides that might be helpful, too:

How do I insert a table using the Rich Content Editor? 

How do I link to a YouTube video in the Rich Content Editor? 

There are several more "how to" guides as it relates to the Rich Content Editor that you can find here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10460#jive_content_id_Rich_Content_Editor 

I hope this information is helpful to you!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jgiroux ...

I noticed that we've not heard from you for quite a while, so I wanted to check in with you to see if you've had an opportunity to review my most recent response from 8/27 @ 4:47 p.m.  Did my responses help to answer your question?  Are there any outstanding questions you still have as it relates to your initial question?  If you would like, please go ahead and mark one of my responses as "Correct" if you feel that it helps to answer your question.  However, if you are still needing some help, please let members of the Canvas Community know by posting a message below.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions/comments below related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Joan.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!