How do I add a teacher and/or student to my course and How to enable announcements

Jump to solution
Community Novice

1.How do I add a teacher to my canvas course as a student or observer -Just so they can look at my course.? I also may need to add a student that for scheduling reasons is not in my course. I know they won't be in course on skyward but I want them to able to access materials. I had this trouble last year and our canvas rep had to go in an set something so I was able to do it. 

2. Announcements is disabled for students in my course. I went to settings several times and it says it is enabled. It is also in the top section with the enabled things???? I tried to dis-able and re-enable but still nothing. I tried dragging it down then back up, still nothing. Is is just because I don't have any announcements yet?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @12570  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

1. Your district most likely handles enrollments on teachers' behalf, so reach out to the eLearning department for OCPS to ask about adding a teacher to your course in the observer role.

2. Yes, that's the reason: the Announcements tab, even when enabled in the course navigation, will not display in Student View until it contains announcements.

View solution in original post

0 Likes