I have clicked everywhere

what is the secret to adding students 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @Surgtech808 ...

If your school has a paid Canvas account, your school's local Canvas administrators may have restricted the ability for instructors to add students to courses on their own.  Many Canvas schools have a process set up that connects the school's SIS (Student Information System) to Canvas so that enrollments from the SIS are automatically sent into Canvas with little to no manual entry.  This may be the case for you as well, but you'd want to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to check on the specifics.  If your Canvas admins do let instructors enroll students, then you should be able to follow the instructions within this Guide: How do I add users to a course? - Canvas Community.  More detail about what I've described above can be found in the blue box at the top of the Guide I've linked for you.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post