cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schalespaula
Surveyor

How do I award a badge based on course completion rather than module completion?

Jump to solution

Is there a way (a badge app) to create a badge that will be awarded based on course completion? From what I have been reading, it looks like badges are awarded on a per module basis. I would like to award one badge when students have successfully completed my course. My definition of success for this course is:

1. All quizzes have been submitted (doesn't matter how they did on them)
  2. Received 15 out of 17 points on the final assignment

It would be nice if the students receive their badges automatically by meeting the above criteria without their having to click to get their badge. If they have to click on a link to get their badge, can the criteria include multiple modules?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
canvas_admin
Community Member

@schalespaula ​,   I have been able to accomplish this with CanvaBadges by having the "completion badge" associated with every module requiring completion. Each "module" (which is a week in this course) has a required quiz which is how I track "completion" of a module. So if the "student" takes all of the quizzes, the badge automatically gets awarded.

To handle the required grade issue, you would need to indicate in the module "Must score ____".   That way, the required score would indicate completion of that module for the badge purpose.

Here's a screenshot:

2016-05-02 12.06.07 pm.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
canvas_admin
Community Member

@schalespaula ​,   I have been able to accomplish this with CanvaBadges by having the "completion badge" associated with every module requiring completion. Each "module" (which is a week in this course) has a required quiz which is how I track "completion" of a module. So if the "student" takes all of the quizzes, the badge automatically gets awarded.

To handle the required grade issue, you would need to indicate in the module "Must score ____".   That way, the required score would indicate completion of that module for the badge purpose.

Here's a screenshot:

2016-05-02 12.06.07 pm.png

View solution in original post

Thank you so much! I can't wait to get it implemented!!!