How do I block a user from posting to a discussion?

Jump to solution
lnewman1
Community Novice

I have a couple of students inappropriately responding to my discussion. How do I block just them for posting replies?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @lnewman1  Thank You for your question, and apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

How to behave appropriately online is a surprisingly common challenge for teachers. I feel for you.

It is a 'teachable moment' but sometimes it's necessary to exclude so you can get things done.

You could assign your discussion to everyone in your class, other than the few who are not capable of acting appropriately online - yet.

By default, Canvas will set your assignment for everyone in your course. To create the assignment for a specific student/s, click the Everyone remove icon, then start to type in the name of a student. Search fields are dynamic, and you can search for students by first or last name. When the full name appears, click the name. Lists are not scrollable.

You can include more than one student in the To field as long as the students are to be assigned the same due and availability dates.

These few guides might help, especially the second one. 

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes