How do I change a CC transcript?

Jump to solution
ferresg
Community Novice

I created a Kaltura video lecture/quiz, and uploaded into Canvas, then I ordered mechanical captioning. I know that it is notoriously bad, but I decided to try it once and see what happens. It was pretty bad, but I was able to edit it using an XML editor and upload a useful set of captions. It was fiddly to get them to appear, but I finally made it work.

However, the transcript still has the original text. I have since created a corrected transcript from the XML file for my students to download, but the autoscrolling one has a big problem. It contains a swear word. How it transcribed the word "chord" as that, I'll never quite fathom.

Is there any way to change the transcription, or at least hide it from the students?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ferresg ...

This is pure speculation on my part since I've never used Kaltura before...but my guess is that you may need to reach out to Kaltura technical support on this one.  We here in the Community can help answer questions about Canvas, but not as much with third-party integrations such as Kaltura.  That's not to say that there haven't been posting about Kaltura here in the Community (a quick search will show you that there are some to be sure), but you might have better luck contacting Kaltura's tech support on this one.

I hope this will be helpful to you, Stephen.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes