cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catpoet14
Community Member

How do I change the passing score requirement on a published quiz?

I am the contact for a group of courses and we (the team that developed the courses) want to change the passing score from 100% to 90% on quizzes.  How can I change these for classes that I have already published?  By lowering it, obviously everyone who has passed is still passing so I am not so worried about rescoring.

3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @catpoet14 ‌

Explain further what you mean by "Passing Score", a passing score where? Passing scores are not set on the Quiz

We,ll try to help you when we understand better what you are asking.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@catpoet14 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

chal
Community Member

Hello,

Our Instituion has started using Canvas this semester. From how I interpret this discussion, it is not possible to set a passing grade on Quizzes (ie. if a teacher creates a multiple choice quiz of 10 questions, s/he wants to set a passing grade on 7 out of 10, and have the quizzes automatically evaluated, based on the quiz setup). This is a highly desired/requested feature from many of our teachers, and is a pretty standard feature in all other LMS's I've seen. 

Will this be implemented in coming versions of Canvas or do you have some smooth workarounds on how this could be applied? I don't see how grading schemes can be applied to quizzes either, only to assignments - but perhaps I'm missing sth here.  

Many teachers wishes to uses quizzes in the way described above, and possibly also as a requirement to proceed with other modules.