cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kennedyl
Community Member

How do I change the profile for a different class

Jump to solution

I added a second class to Canvas and I want to use a different picture and contact info for the profile page.  When I go to settings, my profile is already set for my other class on Canvas.  How do I set up a second profile to use solely for the second class I just added?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @kennedyl ...

Your Canvas profile isn't connected to courses (well, it is, but not really how you are describing it).  It is for your overall account within your school's Canvas environment.  It may be true that other LMSs have an area where you can put in a bio per course, but Canvas doesn't really have that (though you could certainly create a page in each of your courses with your information if you wanted).  When I think of other websites I frequently log into (non-educational), I only have one profile, and so the same applies in Canvas, too.  I know this might not be the exact answer you were looking for, but I do hope that it helps to answer your question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @kennedyl ...

Your Canvas profile isn't connected to courses (well, it is, but not really how you are describing it).  It is for your overall account within your school's Canvas environment.  It may be true that other LMSs have an area where you can put in a bio per course, but Canvas doesn't really have that (though you could certainly create a page in each of your courses with your information if you wanted).  When I think of other websites I frequently log into (non-educational), I only have one profile, and so the same applies in Canvas, too.  I know this might not be the exact answer you were looking for, but I do hope that it helps to answer your question.

View solution in original post