How do I check if, and how many students have watched the video that I have uploaded within an assignment?

Jump to solution
aamama
Community Novice

I have been making short videos of the lecture portion of my classes, and been pasting the link to the assignments. I would like to be able to check if, and which students have actually watched the videos.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @aamama ...

Do you know if your school has purchased Canvas Studio from Instructure?  This would allow you to embed videos that you've either created yourself or videos from YouTube into your courses, and then you can view "Insights" about those videos.  You can get information on if your students are watching your videos and if any of them are skipping over parts of the videos.  How do I view user insights and analytics for media in Canvas Studio?

I have heard that Kaltura has a similar feature, but I am not 100% sure of this because I have never used their product before.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Ayumi.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post