cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paula_d_levy
Surveyor

How do I create an announcement for select students?

Jump to solution

I would like create an announcement for some students of my class, but not all.  I can do that with an assignment, but can I do that with an announcement?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @paula_d_levy ...

As far as I know, there isn't a way to target an announcement in a Canvas course to specific students.  However, I was able to find a Feature Idea here in the Canvas Community which is currently on Instructure's "Product Radar" which may be similar to what you are requesting: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1533-tailor-announcements-to-specific-sections-or-groups" modi....  Since it's on "Product Radar", that means that Instructure is aware of the need, but they may not be able to implement such a change in the very near future.  Please review this Feature Idea, and if it meets your needs, feel free to vote on it and also maybe leave a comment as to why this would be important for you...so that Instructure can see your feedback.

Sorry this isn't maybe the answer you were looking for, but I hope it will be of some help, Paula.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @paula_d_levy ...

As far as I know, there isn't a way to target an announcement in a Canvas course to specific students.  However, I was able to find a Feature Idea here in the Canvas Community which is currently on Instructure's "Product Radar" which may be similar to what you are requesting: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1533-tailor-announcements-to-specific-sections-or-groups" modi....  Since it's on "Product Radar", that means that Instructure is aware of the need, but they may not be able to implement such a change in the very near future.  Please review this Feature Idea, and if it meets your needs, feel free to vote on it and also maybe leave a comment as to why this would be important for you...so that Instructure can see your feedback.

Sorry this isn't maybe the answer you were looking for, but I hope it will be of some help, Paula.

View solution in original post

don_bryn
Surveyor

I agree with  @chofer .  When I need to get some information to a particular student or group of students, I use email via the inbox.   Though with the Canvas email system not copying threads, this can get confusing and an announcement would make it easy to see replies. . .