Jump to solution

I do I create assignment grade columns?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello igerard@unomaha.edu...

In addition to the information that ataylor30@cvtc.edu has provided, there are also video Guides available that will walk you through how to create assignments in your course:

Video Link : 1091  

You can also make discussion topics graded:

Video Link : 1108  

And you can also have graded quizzes:

Video Link : 1117  

- Your school may not have Quizzes.Next enabled, but I'm providing you with this link just in case.

I hope this additional information will be of help, Ivan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I assume you're looking for the procedure on how to create gradebook items within Canvas? To do this, you will need to create an Assignment of some sort. Creating an Assignment that is worth points, or a graded Discussion or a graded Quiz will all produce a column in your gradebook. You can't just create a gradebook item in isolation.

However, you can creatively manipulate the assignment settings to create something similar to a standalone gradebook item. If you have an assignment with 'No Submission' and no due date, it will function very similarly to a standalone gradebook item.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello igerard@unomaha.edu...

In addition to the information that ataylor30@cvtc.edu has provided, there are also video Guides available that will walk you through how to create assignments in your course:

Video Link : 1091  

You can also make discussion topics graded:

Video Link : 1108  

And you can also have graded quizzes:

Video Link : 1117  

- Your school may not have Quizzes.Next enabled, but I'm providing you with this link just in case.

I hope this additional information will be of help, Ivan.

View solution in original post

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels