cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nancy_portner
Community Member

How do I define a module for a course?

Jump to solution

I have course where I have added 4 modules and then added assignments to each module.  When I go to 'student view' I get an error message which says "no modules have been defined for this course"

Can you assist?  Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bneporadny
Navigator

Hi Nancy,

Sounds like the modules and assignments might not be published. Have you insured that they are all published so that the student can then see them?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
bneporadny
Navigator

Hi Nancy,

Sounds like the modules and assignments might not be published. Have you insured that they are all published so that the student can then see them?

View solution in original post

Hi Brian,
Thank you so much!  That was the issue - I had not hit the PUBLISH button yet on my modules or on my assignments.  I did that just now and they all appear under student view.  Thank you so much for your help!
Nancy

patrick_leland
Community Member

I get this error message (i.e. "No modules have been defined for this course.") in "Student View" even when I've published the course.  (The course status says it's published).  

So, how do I "define a module" to make my course content available to my students?

It appears that the green published icon within every module must be activated in order for anything to show up in student view.  I'm not sure if that's accurate, but that seemed to solve this problem.