How do I delete a Home Page when importing from Commons?

Jump to solution
lmccall
Community Novice

I have copied a course from Commons and am trying to delete the Home page because it is for their school and not mine.  How do I delete it so I can customize his course for mine?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @lmccall  Thank You for posting your question.  First, let's check to see which page might be your "Front Page" in the course.  Click on your "Home" button, and then click on "Choose Home Page" on the right side of your screen.  Is the radio button option for "Pages Front Page" selected from the list of choices?  If so, there should be the name of a page in gray italics text just to the right with a link to "Change".  Take note of the gray italics text, and then click the "X" at the top right corner of that window.  Now go to your "Pages" button in your course.  Click on the "View All Pages" button at the top of the screen.  Find the page name that was in the gray italics text in the list.  There should be a "Front Page" label next to this page item.  If you want to completely delete this page from your course, you can do so by following the instructions in this Guide: How do I delete a page in a course?.  (You can also remove the "Front Page" tag from the page...as shown in the next Guide I'll link to for you.)  Then, if you want to create and/or make an existing page your new "Front Page", follow these steps: How do I set a Front Page in a course?

I hope this information will be of help to you, Lisa.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes