cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpayne01
Surveyor

How do I delete a faculty member that has worked with me, once the work is done?

Jump to solution

As an Instructional Designer, I often will have a faculty member loaded in the Master course with me while we are building.  Once done, I would like to remove this person from "People" listed in the course.  It doesn't appear there is a place in "People" where I can remove anyone, but this seems to be something we would like to do sometimes.  How would I go about doing this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @payner5 ‌

If your Canvas Admin has allowed this in your ID role permissions, you would remove a user from a course by using the cog at the far right of that user's name in your People pages.

266606_pastedImage_1.png

If you do not see this option, then you do not have the appropriate permissions for your role. You can ask your Canvas admin to add this permission, or request them to remove the faculty for you.

If your admin is unfamiliar with this process, they can learn how at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12635-421473661 

Kelley

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @payner5 ‌

If your Canvas Admin has allowed this in your ID role permissions, you would remove a user from a course by using the cog at the far right of that user's name in your People pages.

266606_pastedImage_1.png

If you do not see this option, then you do not have the appropriate permissions for your role. You can ask your Canvas admin to add this permission, or request them to remove the faculty for you.

If your admin is unfamiliar with this process, they can learn how at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12635-421473661 

Kelley

View solution in original post

Thank you that was the issue - Admin had to set it for us, we are good now!

Robert Payne

Instructional Designer

Baker College System

O: 810-766-4053

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 1:03 PM, kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu <