cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sn0399
Community Member

How do I delete a file I submitted in the media tab option?

There doesn't seem to be a way to delete it, nor does it give me the option to submit a different file. I've even logged out hoping that would get rid of it, but it's still there.

2 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @sn0399  and welcome to the Canvas Community.  Is this an assignment where you needed to record media using Canvas or upload an audio or video file?  I just tested in a sandbox course with test students and as a student I was able to record multiple files in the media upload option of an assignment as well as upload multiple files.  When looking from the student perspective, on the assignment page I see a "re-submit assignment" link.  Is this not visible for you?

From the instructor perspective, I see every version of the assignment submitted.  There isn't a way for someone to delete a file they have already submitted but submitting multiple files should be possible.

If you don't see the re-submit assignment button, you might try opening Canvas in a couple of different browsers, such as Chrome and FireFox.  Sometimes that makes a difference.  If you still don't have luck, I would submit a ticket with Canvas Support to see if they have insight into what you are facing.

I hope this helps and best wishes.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sn0399 ‌,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie