cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sceccc
Community Member

How do I delete a parent account

Jump to solution

I observe my daughters account. We moved and she is now using canvas with her new school district but her old school did not deactivate her canvas account even though I told them repeatedly she is not in the school and they transferred her records months ago. This is now not allowing me to observe her under the new school as i can’t delete my canvas account nor make a new account due to my email address being used already. How do I rectify this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Erika -

You should be able to create a new observer account in a new domain. I have Canvas accounts at a few different places, and I have used the same email address multiple times. 

Have you talked with your new district? They can help you establish the account specific to the district if you need help. Some districts choose to not have self-enrollment available, and then they create the accounts for families. While that's not as common as the self-enrollment option (How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a parent?), it's nice to rule that out. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Erika -

You should be able to create a new observer account in a new domain. I have Canvas accounts at a few different places, and I have used the same email address multiple times. 

Have you talked with your new district? They can help you establish the account specific to the district if you need help. Some districts choose to not have self-enrollment available, and then they create the accounts for families. While that's not as common as the self-enrollment option (How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a parent?), it's nice to rule that out. 

View solution in original post