cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I delete a student's submission?

Jump to solution

A student mistakenly submitted a file.  How do I delete so they can resubmit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi tthompson@msdelta.edu...

Neither you or your student will be able to delete the submission from the assignment in your course.  Your student can, however, re-submit the assignment...if you are allowing that based on your own course policies.  The student always sees the most recent submission for an assignment (they cannot see past submissions of the same assignment).  But, as an instructor, you always have access to all submissions of the assignment by the student...which are date and time stamped.  Check out the section in this Guide called "Evaluate Multiple Submissions": How do I view the details of a submission for a student in SpeedGrader?.

I hope this will be of help to you, Traci.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Take care...stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi tthompson@msdelta.edu...

Neither you or your student will be able to delete the submission from the assignment in your course.  Your student can, however, re-submit the assignment...if you are allowing that based on your own course policies.  The student always sees the most recent submission for an assignment (they cannot see past submissions of the same assignment).  But, as an instructor, you always have access to all submissions of the assignment by the student...which are date and time stamped.  Check out the section in this Guide called "Evaluate Multiple Submissions": How do I view the details of a submission for a student in SpeedGrader?.

I hope this will be of help to you, Traci.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Take care...stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Canvas really needs to change this shortcoming. For now, the only way to let the student resubmit is edit the assignment to allow for more than one submission. But as soon as I do that, all the other students think they can resubmit.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I just had a student not understand which assignment they should submit to and so they submitted their document to all the open upcoming assignments and a few of the old ones with somewhat similar names as well. I really need the ability to delete files when a student submits the wrong assignment somewhere.

Highlighted

Agreed--there needs to be a way to mark an incorrect submission as such so that it no longer appears as "complete" or "awaiting grading" for the student and teacher. 

Highlighted
Surveyor

So, a student submitted a URL that takes whoever clicks on it to that student's personal learning strategies report (why that site doesn't require a password, IDK, and it's also not an assignmment I made). The link is in the dropbox for rough drafts, and we're supposed to peer review next week. 

I'm sure everyone can see the problem, and the solution should be to delete the submission. 

Does anyone have ideas on what to do now without sabotaging the peer review assignment?