cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walter_kisner
Community Member

How do I delete an assignment from the grade book?

Jump to solution

How do I delete assignments in the grade book?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @walter_kisner  Welcome to the Canvas Community!  Thanks for posting your question.

You actually don't delete assignments from the Gradebook.  You delete them from your "Assignments" screen within your course.  Any graded assignments (also including quizzes and graded discussions) will appear on the "Assignments" screen.  Here's a super helpful Guide for you that tells you exactly how to delete an assignment in your course: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10088-415254246 

I hope this helps, Walter.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

lindsey4
Surveyor

I just figured this out! Go to the assignment and edit, then underneath the text box the third drop down menu is "Display grade as" - select "Not graded". Now it does not appear in the Gradebook but is still on the calendar. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @walter_kisner  Welcome to the Canvas Community!  Thanks for posting your question.

You actually don't delete assignments from the Gradebook.  You delete them from your "Assignments" screen within your course.  Any graded assignments (also including quizzes and graded discussions) will appear on the "Assignments" screen.  Here's a super helpful Guide for you that tells you exactly how to delete an assignment in your course: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10088-415254246 

I hope this helps, Walter.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

PhilJ
Surveyor

It would be great if there was a way to remove things from the gradebook w/out deleting them.  Ungraded assignments (those that do not count toward the grade or have a point value of 0), etc. create a lot of unnecessary clutter. 

I agree that it would be helpful to have an option to delete the assignments from the gradebook while remaining in assignments.  I've been trying to find a work-around for this for some time.

Same here! I have a bunch of assignments not for grading and they've filled up my grade book. The only thing I can think to try is create an "assignment group" for just those assignments and then use the filter to show the other groups.

ngodard
Surveyor II

Agreed. I'm finding it incredibly frustrating that all assignments appear in the Gradebook automatically - especially Google Assignments and other external tools. 

whitepa
Surveyor

I have duplicate assignments in my grade book for which there is actually only one assignment.  How do I fix this?

Check on the assignments page in Canvas to see if you have duplicated them there. 

lindsey4
Surveyor

I just figured this out! Go to the assignment and edit, then underneath the text box the third drop down menu is "Display grade as" - select "Not graded". Now it does not appear in the Gradebook but is still on the calendar. 

0 Kudos