How do I delete videos of all types on canvas pages?

Jump to solution
Twillsy
Community Member

I have embedded youtube videos on my canvas page. How do I delete them? When I am in the edit mode it will not let me click on, hilight or "grab" them. Help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Twillsy 

I was just able to delete an embedded YouTube video by clicking just to the right of it—a blue box then displayed around the entire video that spanned across the width of the editor—and I backspaced to delete the video.

That particular video was originally embedded on the page using HTML code. For a different video that was uploaded to the page by adding the YouTube link, I was able to click right after it and backspace to remove it from the page. 

If you have some familiarity with HTML code, when you switch to the HTML editor view you should be able to identify where the code for the video starts and ends and you can delete it from there. Switching back and forth between HTML and RCE views before saving your changes will help you to determine that you've only deleted the video HTML code and nothing else.

Hope this helps.

(By the way, I'm using the New RCE; YMMV with the old version, but switching to HTML should still work.)

View solution in original post