How do I disable inline preview for a YouTube video using the NEW Rich Content Editor?

Jump to solution
clark_gerry
Community Novice

I'm using the NEW Rich Content Editor. Is there a way to disable inline previews for a YouTube video? I know how to do it with the old RCE, but when I click to modify the link with the new RCE, I don't see the "Disable inline preview" checkbox.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, I'm just trying to find my way around the new feature.

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 Solutions
matthewthomas
Community Participant

I have the same question. In the meantime, I found a workaround:

1. Create a shortened url for the YouTube video (bit.ly or the like)
  2. Use the shortened url & Canvas doesn't flag it as a YouTube video

It's not elegant, but it works until we hear back on this.

View solution in original post

kwennstrom
Community Member

You can also edit the HTML and manually add "class=inline_disabled" to the hyperlink. I did this for the page shown below:

screen shot indicating how to insert a class modifier into the a href tag to prevent youtube from inserting a preview

ecs222
Community Member

It can be disabled after adding the link. After you add it and it changes to the youtube preview, click in the link (while still in Edit), select the 'link' tool (the button next to the remove link tool), and you'll see the option to disable preview. select and click 'update link'

I'm hoping for a permanent, meta way to do this, so that I don't have to disable it every time I add a yt link. it's very tedious as it is currently.