cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I download or delete files when no bitton is provided?

Hullo

I am leaving the university and would like to download my files from my courses but many of the courses are not allowing me to download or delete files. Also I was advised to import a course, however, I have no information how to open the file. None of the apps that I have can open it. Please advise. Thanks,

Farah A. Ibrahim

Professor,

School of Education and Human Development.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi fibrahim Thank You for your question.

I'm wondering if you have tried this yet https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12785-415241323 I think it contains the information you require.

If not, just let us know a bit more detail and we will see what we can do for you.

Best of luck with your new venture too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Bobby:

Thank you for your response! I appreciate you taking the time to share information with me. I did export one course, but there is no utility on my computer to open it. I guess, if other institutions have Canvas, I could import it. My real problem is that some of courses have no download option, only sending them to commons. This is what I am struggling with right now. Thanks again.

Peace,

Farah

Farah A. Ibrahim, PhD, LP (CO)

Fellow, American Psychological Association (SCP)

Professor, University of Colorado Denver

Past President Counselors for Social Justice (2002-2003)

Pronoun: She/Her/Hers

“Sorrow is nothing but old joy” Anonymous

Check out:

(1) Ibrahim & Heuer chapter in: Perera & Chang (2018): Biopsychosocial approaches to understanding health in South Asian Americans. Springer series on Cross-cultural research on health, illness and wellbeing.

(2) Ibrahim, Ivey, Pedersen, & Ivey (2018): Intentional group counseling: Best practices for a multicultural world. Cognella Academic.

(3) Ibrahim & Heuer (2016): Cultural and social justice counseling: Client specific interventions. Springer series on Cross-cultural and international psychology

This is a confidential email for the person identified in the email address line. If you receive it in error, kindly let me know and delete the email. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Farah,

I was having a look around and I think I can add to what bobby.pedersen@education.tas.gov.au has suggested with some additional information about the ISMCC download format. As per Q: I downloaded a folder with an extension .imscc however, I am unable to view the contents. Is it p...  the ismcc is actually just a zip file, you can rename the .ismcc to .zip and then extract the contents out for viewing.

With regards to only some courses being able to be downloaded, I am puzzled as to why this would be happening. I had a good look into the permissions and am not seeing any option that would cause the export to be blocked.

For the second part, you may need to reach out to Canvas Support (via the help menu) or your school's administrator to ask if they have set anything special up that might be restricting your ability to download a course export ISMCC file for some courses.

I hope that helps!

Stuart

Highlighted

Thank you Stuart. I believe it is an issue with my institution setup. I appreciate the information about imported files.

Peace,

Farah

Sent from my iPhone

Labels