cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bniebuhr
Community Member

How do I edit what notification students receive?

I do not want students to receive notifications about assignments or updates to pages until I am ready. Hwo do I edit student notifications?

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

bniebuhr​, notification preferences are determined by the individual. That means that you and your students can customize how, when, and for what you receive notifications, as explained in How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?​ In other words, you cannot edit students notifications.

If you are making changes to assignments and pages that you don't want your students to see, keep them unpublished until you're ready for them to see those items; you can publish them when you've finished working on them. For that, please refer to

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

bniebuhr​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie