cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How do I email teachers? Can I do it through Canvas and if not how do I do it. Also, is it possible to email through my school account because if so I can't figure out how to do it.

The main thing I'm trying to ask is can I email my teachers through Canvas. Please help!! And if I can't email through canvas please tell me if I can email through a school account (paulding.k12.ga.us).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

@118305 ...

Thanks for posting your question.  First, it's important to know that Canvas does not have e-mail.  More specifically, the Canvas Inbox that you have access to is not the same thing as e-mail.  This means that you cannot send e-mail messages to your friends and family via the Canvas Inbox because they are, most likely, not enrolled in any courses that you are taking.  On the flip side, your friends and family cannot e-mail you to receive those messages within the Canvas Inbox.  The Canvas Inbox is only used to send messages to your instructors and to your classmates in your courses.  You can then customize your Notifications screen in Canvas to decide how you want to receive copies of those messages ... and the frequency of those notifications.  You can even add additional contact methods and then set up the notifications for those, too.  Here are some Guides to help you with the Canvas Inbox and Notifications:

I hope these Guides will be of help to you!  Sing out if you have any questions about this information.  Thanks...take care, stay safe, and be well.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there @118305 ...

First, it's important to know that Canvas does not have e-mail.  There is a Canvas Inbox, however, that you can use to message classmates and your instructor(s).  However, you cannot send out e-mails via the Canvas Inbox to your friends and family.  Similarly, you cannot receive e-mails from your friends and family and expect to read those messages in the Canvas Inbox.  The Canvas Inbox is meant for communication between you, your classmates, and your instructor(s)...who are enrolled in the same course(s) that you are enrolled in.  You can, however, set up your personal notification preferences inside of Canvas to receive copies of those messages to your e-mail address.  You can also choose how often you want to receive those notifications.  Here are some helpful links for you to look through:

I hope these links will be of help to you.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks.  Stay safe, and be well.