cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How do I enter exam grades in Canvas?

Jump to solution

In our previous LMS, it was easy to add grading columns for the several exams in my course, and that made it easy to directly enter student grades.

How do I do this in Canvas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer II

Hi web24@cornell.edu, I assume you are talking about an exam that students take outside of Canvas. To grade it in Canvas, you will still need to set up an assignment within your course even if the students don't submit to it. The best way to do this is to create an assignment and set the submission type to "No submission". This means students won't be prompted to upload anything but you will still be able to enter grades either using the SpeedGrader or directly into the gradebook.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Explorer II

Hi web24@cornell.edu, I assume you are talking about an exam that students take outside of Canvas. To grade it in Canvas, you will still need to set up an assignment within your course even if the students don't submit to it. The best way to do this is to create an assignment and set the submission type to "No submission". This means students won't be prompted to upload anything but you will still be able to enter grades either using the SpeedGrader or directly into the gradebook.

View solution in original post

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much.

Willy

William E. Bemis

Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Faculty Curator of Ichthyology

225E Corson Hall

215 Tower Road

Cornell University

Ithaca, NY 14853

web24@cornell.edu <mailto:web24@cornell.edu>

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5669-2793