cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I fix quiz submit links expiring?

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are getting reports of a couple of quizzes that we use for placement giving a link expired error when the student submits it. The time limit on these quizzes is 2 hours. This seems to be a recent issue, since I have not received reports of this until now. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

Thank you,

Justin Foley

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Justin,

I have never seen or heard about errors like this on quiz submissions. The only guess I have (and it's totally a guess) would be to check the date/time and time zone on the computers used by the students.  I've never seen it be a problem with Canvas but I've knows some other systems that get wonkey if the time and date are not correct on the computer accessing content with time limits.   

This sound like something you should probably have Canvas support look at since they will be able to get into the quiz and see the settings, etc.  You can open a ticket with Canvas support by clicking the Help icon on the left side of Canvas and selecting "Report a problem".  If you happen to see options for phone or chat support on the Help menu that is an even better option, but not every school subscribes to that support option.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Justin,

I have never seen or heard about errors like this on quiz submissions. The only guess I have (and it's totally a guess) would be to check the date/time and time zone on the computers used by the students.  I've never seen it be a problem with Canvas but I've knows some other systems that get wonkey if the time and date are not correct on the computer accessing content with time limits.   

This sound like something you should probably have Canvas support look at since they will be able to get into the quiz and see the settings, etc.  You can open a ticket with Canvas support by clicking the Help icon on the left side of Canvas and selecting "Report a problem".  If you happen to see options for phone or chat support on the Help menu that is an even better option, but not every school subscribes to that support option.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I went ahead and out a case in, but just wanted to see if anyone else has run into the issue. I can't duplicate it myself, so I would not be surprised if it is an issue with the computers being used.

0 Kudos
Labels