How do I format my citations in canvas

Jump to solution

How do I format my citations in canvas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@bkucf ​, from your question, it's not entirely clear what you're after.  @G_Petruzella ​ has shared a bit of code that will allow you use HTML to indent the second and subsequent lines of a citation (a hanging indent). The resource is in the Instructional Designers​ group, so you'll need to join the group to view the code and discussion: Hanging Indents: code-snippet

As far as the particular format you need to use, that depends on which style guide you're using. Can you provide some specifics on what type of formatting you're trying to achieve?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@bkucf ​, from your question, it's not entirely clear what you're after.  @G_Petruzella ​ has shared a bit of code that will allow you use HTML to indent the second and subsequent lines of a citation (a hanging indent). The resource is in the Instructional Designers​ group, so you'll need to join the group to view the code and discussion: Hanging Indents: code-snippet

As far as the particular format you need to use, that depends on which style guide you're using. Can you provide some specifics on what type of formatting you're trying to achieve?

View solution in original post

bkucf
Community Member

Hi Stephanie,

I joined group and have the code-snippet, but i'm a little confused on how to get and keep hanging indents.  I copy and pasted my information, references from Word, dropped in code where I needed it, but if I remove it the hanging indent does not stay.

@bkucf , I see you've posted your question in the Hanging Indents discussion--which is the perfect place to discuss it--and I along with other members of the Community will help you there. I'll lock this discussion to improve navigation. The discussion is ongoing at Hanging Indents: code-snippet

This one will do the double space;

<p style="line-height: 2; padding-left: 25px; text-indent: -25px;">text here</p>