cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williamsj3
Community Member

How do I get Annotate Assignment to Work?

I am running the opensource version of Canvas LMS and I notice that while I can see assignments in speedgrader I cannot annotate.  I do not see the features of Crocodoc.  Is there something I need to check specifically?  I tried searching to see if anyone had come across this the closest thing was one discussion that talked about the Google Documents Viewer.  I have turned that off and the Google LTI and that did not change my ability to annotate on assignments.  Even when the student submits their assignment as a PDF it does not give the annotate function on the assignment.  

I am running the lastest Stable Production version of Canvas LMS on Ubuntu 14.04. 

252437_NoAnnotate Ability.jpg

5 Replies
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @williamsj3 ‌,

I'm not sure on this one, but I'm going to share with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=5fbe87fe-72fd-4f61-a9df-...‌ group to hopefully get some more informed minds on this question!

kenneth_rogers
Instructure
Instructure

It's a total shot in the dark,  @williamsj3 , but I'm wondering if it's your OS. It doesn't look like Ubuntu is supported by Canvas (What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?). Have you been able to access the annotation tools before? Is there any chance you could check a different computer?

Hi sorry, I should have mentioned that I am running Canvas via internal server and not on a desktop.  

Ah. I considered that after I posted ("stable production version" should've clued me in!!). As Deactivated user‌ mentioned, she shared this question with https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=ca42754d-4cec-4836-b354-...‌, so hopefully we'll get some additional eyes on it and can help you out. I've also added some additional tags to your question, so hopefully it'll attract some attention!

I wish I could help, but I unfortunately don't have any experience with the opensource version of Canvas.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @williamsj3 ...

While I don't necessarily have an answer for you myself, I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this discussion topic since September 20th.  Have you been able to come up with a solution to get annotations working in your Canvas environment?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance with this?  If you would be able to come back to this posting to provide an update for us, that would be helpful.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not necessarily because we've found an answer...but because we haven't had much activity in this topic for over two months.  I hope that's alright with you, Michael.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!