cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gtdev
Surveyor

How do I get/can I have an admin account for development purposes?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm a developer trying to build an LTI 1.3 application and I'd like to use it on Canvas.  I currently have a free account but it seems like to use and test LTI applications I need an admin account.  How do I get an admin account?

Thanks

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @gtdev 

I have asked our Community Director, @scottdennis, if he can help you with this one. He will know who to put you in touch with.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @gtdev 

I have asked our Community Director, @scottdennis, if he can help you with this one. He will know who to put you in touch with.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Greg,

I can emphasize with your situation - you probably are not is a position where you want to purchase full access to a dedicated instance but you want admin level access for testing.  My best advice would be to contact our Partnerships team (available in the global navigation). I can tell you that as a free user you have API access to your own personal data.  I have heard of people developing integrations the rely solely on that access.  I would also suggest you might browse the developers interest group if you have not already.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply.  I can definitely try contacting the partnership team, how do I contact them?  I have looked through some developer group information it's helpful but I want to see the tool actually working within Canvas.  From what I see, API access may be a bit different from LTI integration keys.  I do not require other people's data, but just a dummy admin account to test that LTI 1.3 integration is successful and to aid development.  I just need to see something working as a test so I can justify moving to a higher level account.

I will accept if I'm successful in testing.

Thanks

Hey Greg,

If you go to https://www.instructure.com/canvas/our-partners there is a contact form you can fill out under the About Us section.  Please let us know if that does not get you the contact you are looking for.

gtdev
Surveyor

Thanks, I've sent a message earlier today.  I'll update if I get a response.