cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

How do I get rid of a ghost icon from a deleted file?

Jump to solution

When I delete a file from an Assignment in Canvas and replace it with a new file, I often get a “ghost” icon for “View in a new window” from the old file that I’ve deleted.  When I go to “Edit” the Assignment, there isn’t anything present that I can delete.  How I can I get rid of this icon? You can see them right above the Lab practice5.doc link.

View in a new windowhttps://kenan-flagler.instructure.com/courses/2181578/files/109910642/download?wrap=1View in a new window

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ghost in the Shell?

Hi hallmans‌, I sometimes get this artifact, and simply switch to the HTML Editor to remove that small remaining snippet. If you are unfamiliar with HTML, simply add two or three hard breaks (hit Enter key) before and after the artifact, switch to the HTML Editor and scroll down the page to look for several lines of hard breaks and remove whatever is between them. Then when you return to the RCE Editor, you can simply remove the extra breaks the old-fashioned way.

Hmmm........................... Jive keeps stripping out that bit of code for a non-breaking space, so here is an image..............

245927_pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I can replicate this, Steve, looks like a bug to me. 

Highlighted

Thanks pcraig@hbs.edu - this is more an annoyance than anything else. But, the instructor who reported it does want to get it taken care of. When you click on the ghost it actually goes to the page which has been deleted. It can be confusing.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ghost in the Shell?

Hi hallmans‌, I sometimes get this artifact, and simply switch to the HTML Editor to remove that small remaining snippet. If you are unfamiliar with HTML, simply add two or three hard breaks (hit Enter key) before and after the artifact, switch to the HTML Editor and scroll down the page to look for several lines of hard breaks and remove whatever is between them. Then when you return to the RCE Editor, you can simply remove the extra breaks the old-fashioned way.

Hmmm........................... Jive keeps stripping out that bit of code for a non-breaking space, so here is an image..............

245927_pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu‌- This is perfect. I'm not an HTML guy, so this image is great.

Steve