cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I get rid of "test student"? I don't want to see him most of the time.

How do I get rid of "test student"?  I don't want to see him most of the time.

9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I have a related question: the test student shows up in Grades and in Enrollements (ie., as you explain above, under Settings, Sections, etc). However, the Test Student is absent from People.

How can I recover the Test Student listing in People?

Highlighted

jcarlyon@mail.colostate.edu​, so you would like Test Student to show up in People? I'm not sure if the test student ever shows up in People.

Highlighted

Yes. I am just realizing this. Thanks again!

Highlighted
Community Member

We're all suddenly unable to delete the test student this way (Admins) but have been able to previously.  Does this have to do with a recent update that was made to permissions? 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hmmm... I just tried this as well and I don't seem to be able to delete the test student from sections either - and I'm a full admin with no restrictions. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks Kona.  Who should I alert about this at Canvas?

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'd start with Canvas Support and see what they have to say.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello melissa.r.herman@dartmouth.edu...

We have not heard from you since you first posted this question here in the Canvas Community, and so I wanted to check in with you.  In order to remove the "Test Student" from you course, you can do the following (though if you are not able to do this, you'll probably need to talk with a Canvas admin at your school to do this for you):

In your course, click on "Settings".  Click on the "Sections" tab.  Click on the name of the section under the "Course Sections" heading.  There will be a "Student, Test" user listed with a long string of characters.  Hover your mouse over this user, and there should be a red/white "x" icon that displays.  If this doesn't display, contact your school's admin to have "Test Student" removed from your course.  However, be aware the next time you enter Student View, the "Test Student" will appear back in your course.

I hope this helps, Melissa!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello again, melissa.r.herman@dartmouth.edu.  I am checking in again with you because it has been over two years since you first posted this question here in the Community, and we have not heard from you since you first posted this question. I am hopeful that you've had time to review the feedback that you've received (above) and that you've been able to remove the "Test Student" from your course.  However, if this is still an on-going issue, please come back here to this thread to let us know so that we can continue to troubleshoot this with you.  Also, if you feel that one of the above responses is "Correct", please go ahead and mark it as such.  Since we've not heard from you, and since we've not had any new activity in this thread for quite some time, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered".  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's aright with you, Melissa.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!