cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allie_carpenter
Community Member

How do I get sounds with push notifications for iPhone

Jump to solution

I am using Canvas (student) on my iPhone 6, IOS 12. I have push notifications enabled with the sound toggled on in the Canvas notifications settings on my iPhone. When I get a push notification from Canvas, there is no sound. All other aspects of receiving notifications are ok.  I have submitted three tickets to Canvas Support and have yet to get the issue fixed. 

I have deleted and reinstalled Canvas. 
I have deleted  the Canvas for IOS access tokens on my browser before reinstalling Canvas on my iPhone. 

iphone app‌ push notifications sound‌Deactivated user

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @allie_carpenter ‌, 

Unfortunately it's not possible with iOS. The setting is there, but the app doesn't support audio/vibrate prompts with notifications, just your typical banner, notification center, lock screen notifications. There was a short thread about this about 2 years ago on the community, which I can't seem to find.

There are two routes here: 

It could be a bug, so thank you for reporting this to Canvas. 

Or it could not be a bug and needs consideration to be added to the app. If so, I would highly suggest you consider creating a feature idea to bring some attention to this. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14904-75187841184 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @allie_carpenter ‌, 

Unfortunately it's not possible with iOS. The setting is there, but the app doesn't support audio/vibrate prompts with notifications, just your typical banner, notification center, lock screen notifications. There was a short thread about this about 2 years ago on the community, which I can't seem to find.

There are two routes here: 

It could be a bug, so thank you for reporting this to Canvas. 

Or it could not be a bug and needs consideration to be added to the app. If so, I would highly suggest you consider creating a feature idea to bring some attention to this. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14904-75187841184 

View solution in original post