cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How do I have students submit work in canvas via OneNote Class Notebook

I have installed the Class Notebook LTI for my canvas courses, set up the notebooks, and mapped them with the canvas courses and students.

Here is what I am trying to do.

I create a reflection assignment in canvas, and have the submission method set to the external tool setting and mark OneNote Class Notebook as the external tool. I finish creating the assignment, and post.

Students view assignment page, and can indeed see the integrated Onenote box, they sign-in and follow assignment instructions by writing me a reflection in the desired location.

When I view my grade book in canvas it shows the assignment, but doesn't show that students have submitted anything. How can I set this up so that I create an assignment via canvas, have them complete it in onenote, and have it pull automatically to my grade book?

Am I misunderstanding the way the tool is used?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Pat, it's been about a year since I've used the integrated Canvas/OneNote feature. In the past, I also found this problematic. My workaround was to grade the assignment in OneNote versus Canvas. It's not as user-friendly, but it should work. I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, pritter@susqcyber.org...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on September 6, 2018.  I see that zuletac@gcsnc.com replied to you on December 1, 2018.  Have you had a chance to review her response?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance with OneNote and Canvas?  If you feel that Chloe's response has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark her answer as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help with your question, please come back to this topic to post a message below so that someone from the Community can help you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for a few months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Pat.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels