How do I hide my email address?

Jump to solution
2kjassociates
Community Novice

I am a student who would like to hide my email address that is displayed by the app when using "All People" to show the student names and then selecting my name. Hypothetical example: the app displays "Jane D." and under that in small type JaneDoe@gmail.com.  Note: I have logged into the Safari web page and unchecked the box next to: "Let fellow course/group members see which services I've linked to my profile."

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Kathy -

That's a great question! You definitely explored your options.

The Canvas Student mobile app and the information available under People in the navigation item from the browser display each student's email address if the institution decides to do so. Unfortunately, this isn't something that the student can edit or adjust. Some instructors decide to hide the whole People tab to help, but that provides its own challenges as well.

Because this setting is an "all or nothing" option at the account level, I encourage you to reach out to your local Canvas administrators or support team. I bet they'd be able to provide some insight to their decision for sharing emails with students. How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌ or How do I get help with the Student app on my iOS device?

View solution in original post

0 Likes