cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I locate a previous student's assignments/quiz submissions?

Jump to solution

Hello all!

Is there a way I can locate an archive of submitted assignments for a student who was unenrolled from our district, thus our student information system and Canvas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Hello Debby,

It depends on exactly how the enrollments are managed on your Canvas, but generally speaking, when students are "unenrolled", it just means that their enrollment is marked "deleted" but they still exist on the system.  You just need to figure out how to change the status of the enrollment from "deleted" to "active".

If your enrollments are managed by feed files coming from the SIS system, it's a fairly simple matter to use a feed file to  change the enrollment status.  If you're not the administrator, though, you'll want to talk to the Canvas administrator at your school about doing this.

First, though, look in People area and make sure that the student is not simply marked "inactive".  A lot of schools--mine included--set students who have dropped a course as "inactive".  If the student is marked "inactive", you can still view grades by setting the Gradebook to show grades for inactive students:https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13102-4152526259 

Mike

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Adventurer

Hello Debby,

It depends on exactly how the enrollments are managed on your Canvas, but generally speaking, when students are "unenrolled", it just means that their enrollment is marked "deleted" but they still exist on the system.  You just need to figure out how to change the status of the enrollment from "deleted" to "active".

If your enrollments are managed by feed files coming from the SIS system, it's a fairly simple matter to use a feed file to  change the enrollment status.  If you're not the administrator, though, you'll want to talk to the Canvas administrator at your school about doing this.

First, though, look in People area and make sure that the student is not simply marked "inactive".  A lot of schools--mine included--set students who have dropped a course as "inactive".  If the student is marked "inactive", you can still view grades by setting the Gradebook to show grades for inactive students:https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13102-4152526259 

Mike

View solution in original post