How do I make a new quiz using New Quizzes when I previously set my engine to the original quizzes?

Jump to solution
catdog
Community Member

Hi!

I wanted to try New Quizzes for one of my assignments for my class next week and I was having trouble finding that setting. I read the "How do I create an assignment using new quizzes?" article (@ctitmus) , but when I clicked the '+ Quiz' button, I did not get an option to choose my quiz engine. I thought that maybe I had made my settings such in that course to where I could not use new quizzes, so i started a new course. Even in the new course, I did not have an option to change my quiz engine.

Is there something I need to change in my settings so I can use New Quizzes?

Please help! Thank you so much!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Solutions
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@catdog The solution is in the lesson to which you linked, How do I create an assignment using new quizzes?

Note: You can reset your quiz engine choice from the Quiz Options menu at any time.

When you click on the three vertical dots at the upper right of the Quizzes page, you'll see an option to "Reset quiz engine choice."

View solution in original post

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

That said, if you aren't able use New Quizzes at all, and if you don't see an option to enable New Quizzes as a feature option in the Settings area of your course, it most likely means your school hasn't yet made it available. If that's the case, reach out to the local Canvas admin for your district to ask about its availability.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

That explains it, @catdog . New Quizzes is not available in Free For Teachers accounts.