How do I move a student submission for an assignment to a different assignment

Jump to solution
burgerk
Community Participant

I have ended up with two different canvas assignments for a single project that I assigned to my students. Some students have submitted to both canvas assignments already. I want to move the submissions from one of the canvas assignments to the other canvas assignment so that I may delete one of them. I searched and four years ago in 2016 someone posted the same exact question:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Question-Forum/Move-submitted-file-to-a-different-assignment/m-p/...

It is now four years after the above post and I cannot figure out how to do this in canvas. Has the software still not been modified to permit this? Is there any chance that this feature will ever be implemented? it seems like such an easy thing to implement and I am surprised canvas does not allow this. Thank you very much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @burgerk 

I know how frustrating this must be, but the answer is "no, you still cannot do this in Canvas".

Not being a coder, I have no idea how easy or hard this would be to change, and I certainly have no idea if this is a development priority for Canvas engineers.I think this would be a very popular feature, because many teachers end up with duplicate assignments available to their students for various reason.

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes