How do I pull questions from other exams without creating new ones?

Jump to solution
mcgrew
Community Novice

I am trying to pull questions from certain modules that a prior instructor has created without painstakingly writing all new ones. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@mcgrew ‌, there are a few pieces to this, first, when you say a previous teacher wrote are you a "teacher" in that same course or are those just courses that live in Canvas somewhere?  If you do not have access to the actual course that those questions are in, then someone needs to share the quizzes with you through an export or, much easier, through Canvas Commons.

How do I use Commons? 

How do I share a resource to Commons? 

If taking the Commons route, you will want to download them instead of import them.  This way you can do an import that will allow you to select a question bank for the questions to go in which then allows you to mix up the questions and create new exams as well from the previous questions.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10713-67952724501 

If you are already a "teacher" in the other person's course, then all the questions should have fallen into a question bank called "unfiled questions".  When building your quiz, click the "Find Questions" button and you will be able to access those unfiled questions.

Hope that helps at least get you started!

-Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes