How do I put a course into the "Past Enrollments" section?

Jump to solution
chrisdmccoy
Community Novice

How do I put a course into the "Past Enrollments" section?  Is this done by the IT department in my university or do I do this somehow when I "complete" or "conclude" a course?

Please advise.  Many thanks

Chris

2 Solutions

Thanks @Eric Werth for that information.  Now, my next question is when will faculty have the option to move courses in and out of "past enrollments" as it's valuable to be able to see some older, completed courses in the dashboard...but this unfortunately isn't allowed by the Canvas software yet.  I've seen other articles where Canvas users run into the same issue and in this case, maybe our IT department is protecting us from this issue.  

Do you have thoughts on this?  Many thanks in advance and thanks for your earlier post!

View solution in original post

vanzandt
Community Champion

If your institution has provided you with access to set your own start and end dates for the course on the Settings --> Course Details page, then I believe that by entering an End Date in the past (yesterday for example) would move your course to the Past Enrollments area on the All Courses page.

Here was the Release Notes that explains this a bit more, when they made the change...

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9113-canvas-beta-release-notes-2017-03-20#jive_content_id_C... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes