cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How do I "hide" point values for multiple answer quiz questions from students?

Jump to solution

I want to assign point values (1 through X) for multiple answer quiz questions, but I don't want the students to have the "hint" that a point value would offer. I do not see a "hide point value" option, as I had in Schoology. How do I do this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

steve.peterson@decorah.k12.ia.us​, you can't hide point values for quiz questions in Canvas. If you are interested in suggesting that this become a feature in Canvas my recommendation is to comment on it on the following document/discussion - Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine​. Canvas is completely overhauling quizzes so the following document would be the place to make your suggestions.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

steve.peterson@decorah.k12.ia.us​, you can't hide point values for quiz questions in Canvas. If you are interested in suggesting that this become a feature in Canvas my recommendation is to comment on it on the following document/discussion - Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine​. Canvas is completely overhauling quizzes so the following document would be the place to make your suggestions.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

kona@richland.edu‌: The link <Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine> does not lead to a public webpage.

This is certainly a feature Canvas needs to add!
For Multiple Answer questions, students spend more time trying to figure out the point mechanism (how points are awarded) than answering the questions. Instructors need to be able to temporary hide the quiz points so students can focus on the questions and not the points. 

It should be an easy feature to implement and should not take long to have the beta version to test.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you for your prompt reply, kona@richland.edu‌!

Unfortunately, a feature that would allow to "hide points" for Multiple Answers quizzes is not on the project list. How can we add it? Students spend more time trying to figure out the point mechanism than answering the question correctly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

So... after three years did this essential and simple feature ever get added?

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels