cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How do I remove a quiz grade and allow a student to take the quiz again?

Jump to solution

I have a student, who went to take a quiz and a grade was already there in error. I want to know how to remove the previous grade and re-open the quiz so this student can take it again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Deactivated user​, Canvas has a guide for allowing extra attempts on a quiz here:  Once I publish my quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page?

Currently, there is no way to delete an attempt, but there is a feature request currently open for voting where you can cast your vote: 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Member

Deactivated user​, Canvas has a guide for allowing extra attempts on a quiz here:  Once I publish my quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page?

Currently, there is no way to delete an attempt, but there is a feature request currently open for voting where you can cast your vote: 

View solution in original post

Community Coach
Community Coach

Deactivated user​, there isn't a way to remove a previous quiz grade in Canvas, but there is a way to give just that student an extra attempt - Once I publish my Quiz, how can I give my students extra attempts?

Does this help?

Learner II

As Mark and Kona said, you can add an extra attempt for an individual student. The student's second attempt would presumably have a better score than the first.

If however you just want to remove the points for the first quiz from the grade book, you can simply delete the grade by selecting the score and removing it.