How do I remove old classes still showing on dashboard, despite being unfavorited?

Jump to solution
w1474276
Community Novice

I've had classes from Spring/Summer still on my dashboard (it's fall right now). I followed the suggestions from multiple other threads to unfavorite the courses, which removed them temporarily, but now they've reappeared. I've never had the issue of past classes' canvas pages not being removed after a semester. Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @w1474276 ...

If you un-favorite all of your course from your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen, then up to 20 courses will show on your Dashboard.  To fix this, just go back to your "All Courses" screen and favorite only any courses you want for this Fall semester.  Check out either of these two Guides...depending on your Canvas role:

How do I customize my Courses list as an instructor? 

How do I customize my Courses list as a student? 

...paying special attention to the information within the blue box.

Also, I know this is unrelated, but I noticed that only the initial of your last name is displayed here in the Community.  Canvas Community managers ask that you include your full name in your Community profile.  Check out this Guide for more information (especially the "Be you" part): https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14881-75187841090 

I hope this information will be of help to you, Gordon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes