cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meezankaren
Community Member

How do I reorder the course tabs on my Dashboard?

Jump to solution

I'm new to Canvas, and I currently have 7 courses in my Dashboard. I would like to be able to reorder them so that the ones that are current are on the top row, and older courses or those not yet active are lower down. Is there a way to re-order these pretty colorful class blocks? Or, can I make them smaller so that I can more easily find the active courses without a lot of scrolling?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Navigator

I know this is an old thread, but it seems to be one that gets a lot of views.

There is nothing built into Canvas that will allow you to sort the course cards. The best native solution is to mark the most common ones as favorites and then use the "All courses" link to get at the others when you need them.

I have written an add-on script that will allow people to sort their Dashboard Course Card list using drag and drop. It can be installed by the individual user or by a Canvas Admin at the institution level.

Sorting Dashboard Course Cards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
snugent
Lamplighter II

Hi Allison

If you don't have any favorited courses, it will display all courses on the dashboard. You can customize your course list so only the active courses display on the global dashboard. I don't think you can rearrange the course cards.

Edit: This is for the old UI

How do I customize my Course list?

For new UI visit this guide.

How do I view my Canvas courses?

Thank you that is very helpful! I guess that if I have more than 6 shells that I want to see, I will be stuck with whatever order they happen to show up in. I will work to whittle the list down to 6 :smileyconfused:

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@meezankaren , as it happens a feature idea for the ability to rearrange the course cards on the Dashboard opened for voting just a few minutes ago, and you might want to add your commentary and vote:

James
Navigator

I know this is an old thread, but it seems to be one that gets a lot of views.

There is nothing built into Canvas that will allow you to sort the course cards. The best native solution is to mark the most common ones as favorites and then use the "All courses" link to get at the others when you need them.

I have written an add-on script that will allow people to sort their Dashboard Course Card list using drag and drop. It can be installed by the individual user or by a Canvas Admin at the institution level.

Sorting Dashboard Course Cards

View solution in original post