cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How do I rotate an embedded image?

Jump to solution

As an instructor, how can I rotate an image that I uploaded from my personal computer in Canvas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, mmyers@ocean.edu Thank You for posting your question.  This is a topic that comes up every once in a while here in the Community.  Unfortunately, there aren't any built-in tools that would allow you to rotate an image in Canvas.  You will need to do this in an "offline" capacity using something as simple as the Microsoft Paint program that comes with the Windows OS.  Then, once the image has been rotated (and saved), you can re-upload it to your course.  There is an existing Feature Idea which is currently open for voting: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4658-to-be-able-to-rotate-an-image-inside-the-rich-content-edi...  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you'd like to see implemented in Canvas, I would encourage you to vote for that idea and maybe even add a comment to the bottom of it letting Instructure know why something like this would be important to you.  I know this probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but I do hope it helps to answer your question.  Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks Megan.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, mmyers@ocean.edu Thank You for posting your question.  This is a topic that comes up every once in a while here in the Community.  Unfortunately, there aren't any built-in tools that would allow you to rotate an image in Canvas.  You will need to do this in an "offline" capacity using something as simple as the Microsoft Paint program that comes with the Windows OS.  Then, once the image has been rotated (and saved), you can re-upload it to your course.  There is an existing Feature Idea which is currently open for voting: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4658-to-be-able-to-rotate-an-image-inside-the-rich-content-edi...  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you'd like to see implemented in Canvas, I would encourage you to vote for that idea and maybe even add a comment to the bottom of it letting Instructure know why something like this would be important to you.  I know this probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but I do hope it helps to answer your question.  Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks Megan.

View solution in original post