How do I save videos posted in canvas?

Jump to solution
rohitsingh
Community Member

Is there a way I can save lecture videos that my professor posts in a module on canvas? Professor records the lectures on zoom and puts them into a video inside a module. So multiple videos within a module. A student asked if we could record the lectures ourselves on Zoom as well, but professor said University said its not allowed.

As a disability accommodation, I am able to record lectures normally (in person) but I figured it wasn’t a big deal and I would be able to just save the videos from canvas. But I’m finding that I can’t seem to figure out how to do that?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Greetings! As a student, I'm not sure if you would have the functionality to download a video from Canvas unless the Instructor made that option available. Also, depending on the technology the Instructor used to upload the video (Canvas or a third-party tool), they might not have been given the option to allow students to download the video. I would reach out directly to your Instructor to see if they have the option to allow you to download the video and if not, then I would work with them to see what you can do to get access to the videos. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post